Not so much a recipe here, I’m just going to make a list of some simple herb/spice combos to add to meat before cooking (I’ll keep adding as i discover more)
- Old El Paso “Smokey BBQ” Spice mix (my favourite of the Old El Paso lot): great for sprinking on mince while frying, or as a rub for meats going in the oven. Available in most Supermarkets
- Old El Paso “Garlic & Paprika” Spice mix: Great for spinkling on frying meats/minces and as a rub for oven cooking meats. Available in most Supermarkets
- Old El Paso “Roasted Tomato & Pepper”: Great for sprinkling on frying meats/minces and as a rub for oven meats.Available in most Supermarkets
- Bulkpowders “Active Seasonings” – Great for rubs on oven meats and i expect als good for adding to sauces/stews. Available from http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/active-seasonings.html
Do it Yourself:
- Balsamic vinegar: makes an awesome base for most herb/spice combos!
- Herby Goodness: for oven cooked meats – place on a bit of foil, splash of balsamic vinegar, dash of black pepper, oregano, basil and a few fresh Thyme sprigs/leaves. Fold the foil up to create a little parcel with the meal inside and cook!
- My “Not so BBQ, BBQ” rub: I intended this to be a BBQ rub but it doesnt taste even remotely BBQ but it is nice! Place meat on a bit of foil, add a splash of balsamic vinegar, dash of black pepper, paprika (or smoked paprika), cumin, tumeric and corriander. Fold up foil into a parcel with meat inside and cook!