I eat this every Friday as it makes breakfast feel like a wonderful treat, and that is just the kind of breakfast that Fridays need!
What is it?
Homemade Egg-White Porridge (dont freak out, egg-white actually makes lovely porridge, it gives a great creamy texture when done right)
Macros Per Prepared Bowl:
Cals:426 | Fat: 10.3g | Carbs: 59.3g (17.1g Fibre) | Protein: 21.2g
How it’s Made:
-1 small banana (mashed in a microwavble bowl)
-40g oats (I use Mornflake Super Oats)
-60ml (1/4 cup) Liquid Egg Whites
-125ml (1/2 cup) Milk/water/Other liquid (what you use will change the macros but mine is based on semi-skimmed Goats Milk)
-2.5g (1/2 tsp) Cinnamon
-5g (1 tsp) vanilla essence/extract
– 15g (1 tbsp) Cocoa powder
– 15g (1 tbsp) Coconut flour (I used Sukrin’s Organic Fat Reduced coconut flour)
Stir it up good and then it’s time to microwave! (or cook on the hob either works, just keep stirring until its the consistenc you want)
For the Microwave:
- Pop it in for 30secs, remove and stir
- Pop it in for another 30secs, remove and stir
- Pop it in for 20secs, remove and stir
- Keep repeating step 3 until you have a the heat and consistency you like.
Times may vary dependng on the microwave (mine is 900w) and also with this particular recipe it is already quite thick once it’s all mixed so you’re mostly just heating it up. I cook it in intervals ike this to avoid the egg whites scrambling (trust me, that makes for sme rather unplesant porridge!)