I have two honeycomb recipes under my belt. One is a slightly healthier version of traditional honeycomb and protein honeycomb. This recipe is the protein version featured on episode 1 of Homemade Gains (click the link to go to my YouTube channel to watch).
There’s a 20g scoop of whey isolate in the whole batch so it’s not got a huge amount of protein per piece. The ideal use would be as crumbs to top a protein dessert, a sweet treat to nibble or you can cover it with protein chocolate to up the protein and the yum!
What you’ll need:
- 150g Vitafiber Powder (I used bulkpowders)
- 150ml water
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 20g whey isolate – unflavoured (I used Go Nutrition)
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
What to do:
- Add the vitafiber and water to a pan and place over a high heat
- Stir with a metal whisk until mixed and almost clear
- Add the agave syrup and honey – stir to mix
- Allow the mixture to heat to 140 degrees Celsius (careful not to burn the mixture)
- Once at 140c, remove from heat and immediately add the bicarbonate of soda and whey at the same time and whisk
- Pour onto a greaseproof/baking paper lined tray and spread with a spatula until it’s your desired thickness
- Leave to cool
- Once cooled, smash it up and enjoy!