The star of episode 2 of Homemade Gains (check it out here), my Oat and Almond Loaf is my favourite to date! With ground oats, almonds and a little bit of honey, this super Loaf is a great source of energy and protein! If that’s not enough to convince you of its awesomeness, then you should know that the beautiful soft texture of this loaf is to die for!
- 200g strong bread flour
- 100g Oat Flour/Grounds Oats (or ultra fine oats as it tends to be called in the U.K.)
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 7g dried/fast action yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 250ml warm water
- Coconut oil (for greasing)
What to do:
- Mix the bread flour, ground oats, ground almonds, yeast and salt in a bowl
- Make a “well” in the centre of the mixture
- Dissolve the honey in the warm water and pour the water into the well
- Mix until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl (if the dough is too wet/sticky = add more flour. If too dry = add a little water)
- Once mixed, lightly grease a bowl (you can use the one you mixed the dough in) with coconut oil, place the dough in the bowl and cover with some lightly coconut oil greased cling film.
- Leave to rise for 1-2 hours (until roughly doubled in size)
- Place the dough into a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes, then add the dough to the baking/loaf tin and cover with a tea towel/cloth and leave for a further 45 minutes – 1 hour
- Preheat the over to 200c (fan assisted, you may have to adjust to your own oven settings)
- Remove the cloth from the dough, score the surface lightly with a knife and place in the oven for 45 minutes or until a light golden colour and the bread sounds hollow when tapped in the bottom
- Leave to cool and once cooled, get stuck it because it’s awesome!