If ever there was a breakfast made for instagram it was this one! Now I won’t take all the credit here, my recipe is a slight adaptation from one I found in women’s health magazine; theirs was for an Acai Pudding, I changed it up to coconut milk and mango (because I have never in my life seen fresh acai berries in my supermarket). Also the breakfasts photo on the main recipe page features a raspberry version so don’t be shy to mix up your own favourite fruit combo!
For the Chia base:
- 50g black Chia seeds
- 180ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Mango Coulis:
- 2 Mangos (fresh or frozen, I used fresh but I reckon frozen will give a better/stiffer texture)
- 1 banana
- 100ml coconut milk
- Cinnamon (for sprinkling)
What to do:
Prepare the Chia the night before!
- Put the Chia seeds in a bowl and add the milk and vanilla extract
- Stir and leave to soak in the fridge overnight
- In the morning it should be solid. It’s best to place it in the coldest part of your fridge (I didn’t and it was still liquid on the top)
The next morning:
- Add the mango (if fresh chop it up, leave a few pieces aside to top the finished dish), milk and banana to a blender and blitz until you get a smoothie like texture
- Add the Chia mix and mango coulis to each dish in layers, pop a couple of pieces of mango on top and sprinkle on some cinnamon on to finish.
And enjoy your wonderfully pretty breakfast!