While the Free From sections in supermarkets are pretty awesome these days, recently I found myself getting pretty damn annoyed about the fact that EVERY SINGLE DAMN sauce in existence contains onions and/or garlic. So I decided it was time to experiment and get some new sauciness back on the menu!
So the first experiment has been completed and eaten and I can confirm that it is a beaut (awesome in Glaswegian)!
And so I give you FODMAP friendly teriyaki sauce!
What you’ll need:
- 3 tsp soy sauce (gluten free)
- 2 tsp Mirin/rice wine
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 2-3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Approx 1/2-1 tsp grated ginger
What to do:
- Whisk all the ingredients (except maple syrup) in a pan until the cornflour has mixed in
- Bring to a low heat and stir in the maple syrup
- Stir constantly until the mixture has reached your desired consistency
- Add to you favourite dish and enjoy!