I bought rice flake porridge out of curiosity on my last Free From food aisle shop. This recipe was my second experiment after a mildly unsuccessful Protein Porridge attempt (milk was too hot, solidified whey = little bit yuck). Thankfully this breakfast worked and was like eating rice pudding for breakfast!
- 50g rice flake Porridge (or a protein powder scoop-full)
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon (I love cinnamon so the more the better in my eyes)
- 1 tbsp honey
What to do:
- Put the rice flakes and milk in a pot and place over a high heat
- Keep on the heat until the mixture thickens slightly (it takes around 1-2 minutes). You can stir in the honey during this time or wait until the end
- Once it’s at your desired consistency (which for me was close to rice pudding consistency, it was just a bit thinner), remove from heat and stir the honey (if you haven’t already done so) and the cinnamon
- Pour into a bowl, leave for a few minutes to cool and get stuck in as they say in Scotland!