I’m probably a little late to the instagram party on this one (are Golden Lattes last season?) but it doesn’t take away from the goodness packed in this super breakfast! Turmeric is one the “superfoods” (all food is super in my eyes) of the moment, and while I’ve yet to try a Golden Latte, and as I’m trying out Rice Porridge variations at the moment, I decided to get in on the goodness through breakfast.
- 50g Rice Flake Porridge (I find a protein powder scoop to be a good measurement)
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Sprinkle of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
What to do:
- Add the rice flakes, coconut milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and pepper to a pot and place over a high heat
- Heat for around 3-5 minutes (stirring frequently), until the mixture is boiling and has thickened slightly
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the honey
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Enjoy the golden goodness!