What you’ll need:
- 3 (or approx 100g) cooked Beetroot
- 1-2 Carrots (size depending, I used 1 medium/large sized or 2 small)
- Chicken Stock (see the recipe to make your own here) or vegetable stock if you prefer. 4 ladels is usually enough for one generous bowl
- 1 pot with a lid
- A food processor/blender (standard or a handheld is fine)
What to do:
- Pour the stock into a pot and bring to boil
- While the stock is heating up, peel and slice the carrots and chop the beetroot.
- Once the stock is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer, add the carrots and beetroot and cover
- Allow to simmer for approximately 25 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in the food processor until smooth
- Pour into a bowl to serve
- Season as desired and (if you aren’t lactose intolerant like me) add a dollop of sour cream for extra magicalness!